LFW AW15: OOTD and Emilio de la Morena

25 Feb 2015

For many years I have been glued to Vogue's website in my spare time during the various fashion weeks, reading the show reports and scrolling through the different looks from the catwalks but yesterday I visited London to experience London Fashion Week 'in real life' for the first time.


When I arrived at Somerset House late morning the sun was shining and it wasn't too busy making it the perfect time to take some photos. As you can imagine, my friends and I wanted to photograph everything and the beautiful location and blue skies made for the perfect backdrop. We were there to take street style photos for uni but we began by taking photos of each other's outfits which made me feel incredibly vain but at least you don't look crazy because at fashion week, everybody is taking photos.





Coat - ASOS
Shirt - Zara (similar)
Jeans - Topshop (similar)
Shoes- Monki
Bag - Michael Kors (similar)
Sunglasses - Topshop

My outfit wasn't anything particularly special, I had wanted to wear a pair of pink suede heels as I love the look of them paired with ripped jeans but since I had to be on my feet all day I knew it would be impractical. I recently got this camel coat and at first I wasn't sure about it but now I absolutely love it, it makes any outfit look a little bit smarter. What I found really surreal was photographers asking to take a picture of my outfit and a jewellery brand letting me wear one of their (£5000!) bracelets so they could photograph it - I definitely need to practice my posing for next time though. 

I then went on to take some street style shots for about an hour, which I'm not going to share in this post because I'm planning on doing a separate post dedicated to that but I spotted so many amazing outfits. Everybody wants to get their outfit photographed, it's a massive compliment, so they were really friendly and some had conversations with me or gave me their business card. If you're thinking of going to LFW and feel nervous to ask people to take photos of their outfits, my advice is just go for it. 

My friends and I had heard that you can get into shows without having a ticket by being seat fillers. We tried to get into Christopher Raeburn but the queue was really long so unfortunately we didn't have any success there, but we managed to be in the right place at the right time and got into Emilio de la Morena. We were asked if we were the students there to assist so obviously we just said yes, being determined to get in, and after a short wait (during which we were feeling nervous as to what we had agreed to) we got led through to the BFC Courtyard Show Space. We were instructed to sit on the front row seats and basically save them until the 'VIP' guests came and sat in them when the show started. Whilst doing so I got to see all the preparations that take place before the show, including watching the models do a run through of the show with their make up and hair done except wearing their normal clothes. 




After the venue started completely filling up and we gave up our seats on the FROW, we ended up going and standing behind all of the other rows where we got a view of the catwalk and watched the entire show. I didn't get any good photos of the show from where I was so I've included some from Vogue, but I did film a few clips that I've put together though they aren't the best quality and are a bit shaky because I was too engrossed in watching the models showcase the latest designs. The collection itself was so glamorous. It consisted of feminine, sexy dresses with flattering silhouettes and oversized coats in metallic colours with sheer fabrics and lace. 





When the show had finished a couple of friends and I bumped into Victoria from inthefrow who was so lovely and let us have a photo taken with her before she had to go off. Then we headed off to Oxford St for a little look around where we got some free make up from their 'Topshop Treats' vending machine which was a little bonus!

I had such a great day at London Fashion Week and can't believe how lucky I was to experience a catwalk show first-hand as well as take in the whole atmosphere of such a major event in fashion. I can't wait to go back to Somerset House again in September! 

Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.