April Wishlist | ASOS

20 Apr 2015

Confession time: I never used to be a fan of ASOS. Even as a fashion obsessor, I used to get bored and frustrated having to scroll through masses of clothes and ending up finding nothing that jumped out at me enough to make a purchase. Some days this feeling still exists because, after all, shopping is a lot about the experience in my opinion and staring at your laptop screen scrolling for what feels like forever isn't the best way to spend your time. However, a couple of years later I can definitely say I have been converted and by that I mean as soon as you type the letter "A" into the search bar of Google Chrome on my laptop it autofills as "asos.com". 

Recently, I have been really stuck with finding clothes I want to purchase especially in-store. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love many of the S/S 15 trends but I haven't found them translated into many pieces on the high street that I am willing to part with my money for. Sure there's a lot of denim, suede, khaki, prints, and more around but none which I've really fallen for. And lately, I've been trying only to purchase clothes that I really fall for and are wearable instead of buying on impulse. A friend discussed this with me on a recent shopping trip, commenting "we both buy things that we think are pretty then realise we have nothing to actually wear them with." 

This and the fact that I don't specifically know what items I'm looking for has meant that I have been an avid browser of ASOS over the past couple of weeks due to their wide choice and the best returns policy. Whilst searching for new wardrobe additions I always add items to my saved list, so I thought I'd share with you some which I currently have my eye on and if there's anything you're loving definitely leave the link in a comment.

From top, L-R: 

ASOS Denim A-Line Mini Skirt in Indigo, £30 - If you read my post on denim you'll know that there was a skirt from Topshop I really wanted but it sold out and this is the closest I have found to it so far. 

ASOS 90's Sundress with High Neck in Stripe, £25 - I have a dress in this exact same style which I got last year with a monochrome floral print and it's the perfect item to throw on for a hot day. Plus, I love stripes! 

ASOS Waist & Hip Belt with D Ring Buckle, £8 - I've been searching for a plain black belt to pair with jeans for a while and love the look of this one which isn't too thick or too thin. 

Cheap Monday Tight Skinny Jeans, £49 £34 - Love the colour of these as jeans from Cheap Monday to wear on an everyday basis and the sale price has me very tempted even though I've just bought 2 new pairs of jeans... I must resist.

Glamorous Utility Shirt, £32 £19 - Another sale piece I spotted and thought would be very versatile to wear with jeans, skirts, or unbuttoned over tops and dresses.

ASOS HAILEY Heeled Sandals, £35 - I've also been on the hunt for some sandals for summer and as I love a bit of a heel these are one of the contenders I'm considering buying, I just haven't yet decided what colour I want. 

Little White Lies Cold Shoulder Dress in Lace Cutwork, £130 - Oh, if only this was £100 cheaper I would have to have it. It screams Coachella and would be such a cute summer dress especially if you had a tan.



Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.