Met Gala 2015 Style Favourites

11 May 2015

Today marks the beginning of my last week of my first year at university, so with my final deadline of the year looming I haven't had a lot of spare time on my hands which is why this blog post is a week late. I couldn't pass up on the chance to share my favourite looks from this year's Met Gala though,  despite the fact that everybody has most likely seen them everywhere already.

The Met Gala is one of my favourite events to style-stalk celebrities as everybody goes all-out to look incredibly glamorous. This year the museum was celebrating the opening of the China: Through the Looking Glass Exhibition and as always many of the attendants dressed impeccably. The overall trends I spotted were plunge-necks, florals, and embellishment (plus extra points for a bold lip colour) and let's just say there were definitely some questionable choices but the best ones made up for it!  Here are the gowns that I was admired the most: 


My absolute favourite look from the evening was Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in this gorgeous Atelier Versace gown - when does Rosie not look incredible though? An understated dress compared to some (cough, Rihanna, cough) but I thought she looked stunning and love the cut of this dress, which shows off her perfect figure.



Another look I loved was Lily Aldridge in Carolina Herrera. I particularly love the top of this dress and I think the colour looks amazing with the contrasting bold lip. The clutch is a bit crazy but I think it adds a fun touch. 


Matching the carpet, Gigi Hadid looked to die for in red with this plunge-neck dress. I am a big fan of the embellishment on the top which creates a flattering shape around the waist.


Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy Haute Couture was another on my best-dressed list. The detailing on this dress amazes me and I adore halter-neck tops and dresses at the moment.


I feel like this blog post mainly consists of either ex or current VS Angels but, admit it, they do always look great. Though this isn't one of my favourite dresses that Candice Swanepoel has ever worn, I definitely thought she was one of the best dressed of the night in Michael Kors. 

So that concludes my favourites from the 2015 Met Gala although there were some other looks that I also loved including Miranda Kerr and Lily Donaldson and, of course, Beyoncé did look incredible. Finally, I will definitely get back into the routine of regularly posting after this week but apologies again for being a bit off-the-radar recently.

Who were your favourites?

6 comments

  1. In my opinion Gigi Is just killing it at the moment! All are major beauties though! X

    lanaalicewilman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree, her style is perfect! X

      Delete
  2. So many gorgeous dresses this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It was rather difficult to pick my favourites, I must admit x

      Delete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! flawless

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    deanswolves.com

    ReplyDelete

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.