Facetox Detoxifying Facemask Review

27 Nov 2016

Long time, no blog. Let's be real, I could start every blog post with that phrase but I actually have a number of valid excuses lately. In short: at the end of my summer break in September I started interning with Temperley London again for a month then a few days after returning from Paris with them I went straight back to begin my final year at university, which I had already missed a week of. As you can imagine, it's taken a lot of caffeine for me to keep up lately. I was warned final year would be intense and so far it's lived up to it's expectations - I've cried actual tears which is highly unusual for me. The amount of spare time I get is minimal and in my current state I like to spend it either making money or sleeping, so blogging has been at the back of my mind. I've missed it though and today I'm back with a post about skincare which nicely ties in with the backstory I've just shared. 

My skin hasn't been looking great lately. During my internship numerous late nights resulted in a lot of make up wipes rather than the proper cleansing my skin is used to. Since, I've managed to maintain my skincare routine but stress seems to be getting the better of me and I have experienced clogged pores and the occasional minor breakout. At times like this I'm always looking for facemasks which will detoxify my skin and give it the extra attention it needs, plus they're extremely relaxing to do on a Sunday evening after a busy week.

I was recently offered to try Facetox*, an organic clay facemask that you mix with rose water which possesses several benefits for your skin. It promises to draw out toxins, reduce the appearance of pores, redness, scars and blackheads and even out skintone. It's super simple to use, providing a mixing bowl for you to add the clay and rose water to and you simply mix them together to create the paste before applying evenly to the face. I had lots left over from the one sachet, so it'd be great to have a pamper evening with a friend to use up all of the product. The mask stays on for 30 minutes, during which you feel a tightening sensation while it dries. Washing it off wasn't the easiest - I used a muslin cloth - so I'd recommend a flannel or exfoliating sponge to avoid tugging your skin too much and you may be left with slight redness for a while afterwards. I was slightly concerned about this at first but it disappeared swiftly and my skin felt soft and bright and my pores appeared noticeably smaller. Despite it being a clay mask, my skin didn't feel overly dry but I applied some of my usual moisturiser afterwards to ensure it was fully hydrated. 

The box comes with 7 face masks and is priced at  £24.99 which is pretty affordable considering one sachet could be used for two people. It's recommended that you use it once a week in the evenings, so I'm intrigued to see how my skin will appear after continuous use as it's remained clear since. 

What is your favourite facemask? Have you tried Facetox?

Follow @facetoxuk on Instagram and Twitter for more. 

Although this product was kindly sent to me by Faectox this post is not sponsored and all opinions remain my own. 


Post a Comment

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.