My Hopes for 2017

4 Jan 2017

Image Source
I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions. I've never thought much of the idea of setting goals for the upcoming year which are often forgotten about by the end of January but like everyone I do reflect on what I've achieved in the year that's passed. 2016 was a good year but 2017 promises to be a pretty major one for me. Rather than making resolutions I decided to write a list of what I hope to have achieved in 2017 and open it this time next year to see how many goals I accomplished - if I don't lose it, that is. I don't want to share the whole list at present, but I thought I would briefly talk through some of my hopes and plans for this year and perhaps inspire others looking to do something similar. 

G R A D U A T I O N
2017 is the year that I will graduate after 3 years of studying Fashion Management. The years have flown past and I can't believe I will shortly begin my Final Major Project then my time at university will be over come summer. Those who know me well know how conscientious I am and therefore how important it is to me to work hard over these next few months to achieve the outcome I want regarding my degree. 

E M P L O Y M E N T
Closely linked to my previous point, I am currently beginning to look for employment upon finishing university. I would love to find a job within branded womenswear buying or luxury wholesale in 2017 and am focused on putting my all into every job application. I'm not ruling out doing more internships but it would be amazing to get a paid full-time job once I graduate, which would also most likely mean moving out - two exciting prospects for the new year. It's a tough process but remaining optimistic and determined is definitely key. 

2 1 S T  B I R T H D A Y  &  T R A V E L
2017 is also the year that I will turn 21, something else I can't quite believe. I mean, I still almost say 19 when people ask my age so actually being in my twenties will be really strange. My sister turns 18 this year too, so in celebration we are hoping to travel somewhere together. At the moment, I think Paris is top of the list but there are so many cities around Europe that I'm desperate to visit. 

M O N E Y
This is the closest to a New Year's resolution I have this year, to save more money. With so many exciting prospects for 2017 I do need to become better at saving if I want to travel and move out. I'm not officially making this a resolution as I have been known to splurge in Zara occasionally and my love of shopping just can't be changed (especially when faced with final year stress). I won't be ditching my view that "life's short, just buy it" quite yet. I do, however, plan on trying to only spend on items that I truly love and not waste any money. If anyone has tips on how you personally save money I would love to know, especially if you're a bit of a shopaholic as well. 

B L O G G I N G
I thought I'd wrap this post up with my blogging plans for 2017. I admit I'm a bit inconsistent when it comes to blogging and I often have lulls in inspiration or simply have no time to spare on creating content which meets my high standards. I'm not going to say that I plan on blogging more in 2017 because, as you now know, it's likely to be a hectic year for me. Instead, I'm going to blog when I'm motivated to do so, only post content that I'm truly happy with and not feel apologetic for prioritising more important things in my life. I love sharing my outfits on Instagram so one thing I do hope to do is have more personal style posts featured on here.

So, those are some of my hopes for 2017 in brief. I'm optimistic about what this year could bring for me but also feel very uncertain as I will undoubtedly enter a new stage of my life, without sounding too cheesy. For the first time in ages I don't know what the future will hold, when you're in education there's a certain path you follow and you know what's coming next, but after finishing university there's no way of knowing what will happen. Perhaps at the end of the year, I will share my full list and tell you which goals I achieved and which I didn't, though I'm sure you'll find out along the way. Let's hope it's a good year for everybody. 

What are your hopes for 2017?

1 comment

  1. I can relate to most of your 2017 hopes here! I'm trying to save more money since I'll also graduate my college after 2 semesters! And I'm turning 21 this year, too! *highfive* Hope you & your sister would be able to visit Paris xx

    Kaylee 🌛ㅣJK's Dawn

    ReplyDelete

© Freya Ella. Design by FCD.